border

border

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Seminar

For the Seminar – Devcon September 7, 2011


I went to our school to have a seminar, the developer’s connect. It was a whole day activity.


What I learned?

“Gaining new friends while learning new things”. This is what I can say about our seminar, the devcon or the developer’s connect. In here you can meet different speakers and guests, inside and outside Mindanao. Some were sharing their knowledge and some were listening specially students. Everyone is free to ask any question if they want some clarification in mind.


The first part of the program was research presentation of the Computer Science graduating students. I thought it was just a simple presentation but as a witness that event it struck in my mind that it can help me in making my final project as I reach 4th year soon. Despite of hindrances because the lower years were so noisy, perhaps, they don’t realized how important it was or they just can relate on it. I let myself listened every single word of the presenter and the panels.


Every time their was a presenter in front I also judge their work in my own way and after then, I compare it to the panels’ judging or criteria. Sometimes my expectation is very simple than them but I enjoy it. I learned that in making a project you should plan everything and every single detail on it and most probably, you planned ahead of this project or what I want to say is be futuristic. Do not stay on the same place. Move forward and don’t feel afraid. If you have questions be resourceful, use your advantages and have the guts in trying. If lose in the first well, keep on trying again and again until such time you’ll succeed. Listen to every instruction that was given to you and be on time. Don’t feel jealous to anyone’s work just concentrate on what you have and learn from your mistakes.


During in the afternoon, we had the lightning talks and the birds of a feather. A lightning talk’s deal with a short talk example five minutes, that everyone can learn something from a speakers experienced. We had also speakers there those talks about their websites and their databases. Some uses Php, Jumla and MySql etc. Some present their product and its benefits to the users. At the same time the birds of a feather was being happened by those selected students and guests who has the talents in coding and of course, I know I am not good of coding so what I did was I am just an audience. I only just watched them. It’s very difficult if I were to judge their work. LOL. But there’s a part of me that what if I am at there place what will do and what my capabilities. That is still a question in me that I need to find out or I am still searching on it. Well back to the lightning talks, I found out that it was boring already so I did chit chat to my friends and I stop listening because I felt so sleepy.

What I liked?


I liked this activity because I can learn new things and I can’t feel hungry because there was a snack that was distributed among students.


What I didn’t like?


I don’t like those students that were so noisy because I can’t focus to the speakers’ story. They were obstruction for me to understand their experiences and the air-conditioned was so cool. You will felt shaking while I am listening them.



No comments:

Post a Comment